Lactation consultation: breastfeeding support
Breastfeeding is the most natural thing in the world and gives your baby the best possible start in life. It protects a baby from illness most evident during the first 6 months of life, but remains effective as long as the child is feeding and beyond. It is however a learning process and requires time, patience and knowledge.
As a qualified Lactation Consultant () I can help you with any problems you may encounter in your breastfeeding journey.
Problems may include:
- Not knowing how to latch your baby onto the breast.
- Baby is not drinking in an efficient manner.
- Baby is not growing adequately.
- Baby is too sleepy to feed or is falling asleep at the breast.
- Baby is crying excessively.
- Stress due to birth trauma .
- Mothers without family support.
- Pain when latching on or feeding your baby.
- Too little milk.
- Too much milk.
- Blocked milk ducts.
- Painful or hard, swollen breasts.
- Tongue or lip tie diagnosis.
- Medical problems.
- Whenever a listening ear is needed.
How it works
You can contact me by telephone, email or by filling in the
We can discuss the problem briefly and decide if a consultation is needed.
A full consultation can only be carried out by visiting you at your home and assessing the problem.
After the consultation you will receive a report with advice and recommendations.
You will receive 2 weeks support, via email, telephone, or text. This is included with the consultation. Check here for costs.
Rent of breastpump
You can rent a Ardo Calypso breastpump. The Ardo Calypso can be used as single or double.
With every rental period a new sterile set is required.
Check here for costs.
Breastfeeding preparation course
In order to be well prepared and informed about breastfeeding you can join my breastfeeding preparation course,
These presentations are given regulary.
The course will be held in a small group in my home.
The presentation is available in both English and Dutch.
Depending on the number of participants a suitable date will be picked for a group .
If you are interested you can subscribe in the link below.
Check here for costs.